If you have been injured through no fault of your own, your life can be turned upside down. When others are counting on you, you do not have time to waste on insurance adjusters who won’t return your calls or give you straight answers.
The attorneys at Harmon and Gorove will step in and put a stop to the troublesome tactics insurance companies employ. When we take your case, we will work to ensure that you receive fair compensation for lost wages, medical expenses, pain, suffering and disability, and other losses you have endured.
Time is of the essence in a personal injury case. The other side is already building it’s case against you. The sooner you get a skilled attorney working on your behalf, the better your chances of obtaining a favorable outcome.
Our lawyers have extensive experience representing those who have suffered injuries in Newnan, Coweta County and the surrounding area. The scope of our personal injury practice includes:
- Nursing home neglect and elder abuse: We are passionate advocates for elders who have suffered abuse and neglect in Georgia nursing homes.
- Car accidents: If you or a loved one has been injured in a car wreck caused by a careless driver, we can help you fight for the compensation you deserve.
- Truck accidents: We have the skill and experience to handle complex trucking accident claims involving catastrophic and fatal injuries.
- Railroad crossing accidents: Our attorneys can help you if you or someone close to you has been injured in a railroad crossing accident in Georgia.
- Wrongful death: If you have lost a loved one due to the careless or negligent actions of another, we can guide you through all aspects of filing a wrongful death lawsuit.
- Slip-and-fall accidents: Our lawyers know how to hold negligent property owners responsible for injuries that take place on their premises.
Unpaid medical bills, time lost from work and the inability to do the things you once enjoyed are common problems for those injured due to the negligence of others. In our experience, insurance adjusters rarely offer solutions to the problems their clients have caused. They spend their time demanding information from you and investigating you, although their insured is the one who has done something wrong.
This is why it is so important to talk to an experienced personal injury attorney. We know how the insurance companies operate and we know how to respond to their tactics for the benefit of our clients.
If you have suffered a work injury in Georgia, you are entitled to workers’ compensation benefits, which typically include one or more of the following:
- Wage benefits: These benefits are calculated at two-thirds of your average weekly wage — usually an average of your wages for the 13 weeks prior to your accident. Wage benefits are payable after your authorized physician has placed you on no-work status.
- Medical benefits: Your medical treatment after a work injury is covered by workers’ compensation. This includes hospitalization, surgery, medication, physical therapy and other expenses.
- Permanent partial disability (PPD): When you are ready to return to work, your doctor may give you a disability rating based on the location and severity of your injury. This rating will determine your PPD benefit.
At Harmon and Gorove in Newnan, we understand how important workers’ compensation benefits are to injured workers. Failure to obtain these benefits can lead to severe hardship.
If you are seeking benefits or if they have already been denied, our lawyers are here to stand up for your rights.
We have extensive experience handling workers’ comp claims and appeals for clients in Coweta County and throughout surrounding areas.